GLEE KIDS 2024
Trial Glee Kids anytime. Happening every Tuesday & Saturday @ Stanmore:
Start February 2024
8-12yrs Glee Kids Trial Class, 5:15 – 6:00pm $25 BOOK NOW
5-7yrs Glee Kids Trial Class, 10:30 – 11:15am $25 BOOK NOW
Get ready to SING! No audition or experience needed. Just a willingness to try.
Give your child the opportunity to make new friends. Let’s uncover their musical potential.
They’ll develop the confidence and skills to sing with a group of like minded kids, learn about acting/drama, establish a sense of musicianship, basic theory and timing, and discover the essential vocal techniques and warm-ups that will have them singing in perfect pitch.
We understand that some kids may feel a little shy in the beginning or feel like they aren’t good enough, but our unique and inclusive approach to how we run the classes will ensure we bring out the inner voice in every child.
Singing together is one of life’s simplest joys. The benefits are great for many years to come.
As each child becomes more confident, there will be opportunities for solos and leading vocal sections. It’s important we cater for all levels and personalities while infusing the value of connection and progression with one another in a fun and respectful way.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
We run separate group classes based on age groups and levels. Held once a week for 45 minutes. No group singing experience necessary.
GLEE KIDS JUNIOR | 5 to 7 years
Saturdays 10:30 – 11:15am
$25 TRIAL CLASS Saturday
GLEE KIDS RISING STARS | 8 to 12 years
Tuesdays 5:45 – 6:30pm
$25 TRIAL CLASS Tuesday
Every Tuesday or Saturday @ Stanmore
$250 Per Student 10 week term (Each term runs for 10 weeks and includes learning materials. Term rate will be pro-rata to suit the remaining number of weeks in the term)
$25 Trial Pass (one time drop in)
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Students with an interest or passion for singing
- Students who are interested in making more social connections through music, singing and drama
- Students looking to boost their confidence through performance experience
- Students looking to progress as a musician and performer
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN AND DEVELOP
- Learning to sing in a group while developing harmony singing, aural skills and ensemble work
- Learning acting techniques, not just stand and sing
- Drama games
- Basic body movement
- Sense of musicianship
- Essential vocal techniques and warm ups
- Ear training
- Basic theory and timing
- Performance practice – how you present yourself on stage, bowing, dealing with accompanists etc. The more you learn the more you’re respected among musicians
- Perform a wide range of repertoire
- Work towards performances and shows
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL EXPERIENCE
- Watch your child develop their personal growth in both life and music
- Classes will have structured activities that emphasis on the fun of group music learning
- Your child will learn how the voice works in connection with their body and an ensemble
- They’ll have increased confidence in their musical abilities and performance experience
- End of term performances will be organised to give the kids something to work towards
- With consistent practice, usually after one term students will feel a difference in their voice and level of confidence, along with improvement in pitch and timing.
GLEE KIDS VIRTUAL CHOIR PROJECT
When lockdown hit in 2021 and unable to share the joy of singing, we wanted to create a positive project to bring some light into the darkness.
Huge congratulations to all the students and teachers involved!