Do you ever catch your child singing and dancing around the house? Just look at how much fun they're having singing the songs they've grown up hearing. If you've never considered letting them explore it further, perhaps it's time you do.
Our inclusive and amazingly fun Glee Kids class will give your child the opportunity to make new friends and uncover their musical potential. They'll develop the confidence and skills to sing with a group of like minded kids, learn about acting/drama, establish a sense of musicianship, basic theory and timing, and discover the essential vocal techniques and warm-ups that will have them singing in perfect pitch.
We understand that some kids may feel a little shy in the beginning or feel like they aren't good enough, but our unique and inclusive approach to how we run the classes will ensure we bring out the inner voice in every child.
Singing together is one of life's simplest joys and yet the benefits are so great for many years to come.
As each child becomes more confident, there will be opportunities for solos and leading vocal sections. It's important we cater for all levels and personalities while infusing the value of connection and progression with one another in a fun and respectful way.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
We run separate group classes based on age groups and levels, Wednesday afternoons. Held once a week for an hour. No group singing experience necessary and private vocal students are welcome to try out for our All Stars class.
4:30 - 5:30pm | 6 to 9 years
5:30 - 6:30pm | 10 years and above
6:30pm - 7:30pm | All Stars Glee Kids for Intermediate to Advanced singers
$240 Per Student / term (each term runs for 10 weeks)
$25 Trial Pass (one time drop in)
INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL - Only for classes starting Wednesday 13 March
$100 per child + Bring a Friend for Half Price
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Students with an interest or passion for singing
- Students who are interested in making more social connections through music, singing and drama
- Students looking to boost their confidence through performance experience
- Students looking to progress as a musician and performer
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN AND DEVELOP
- Learning to sing in a group while developing harmony singing, aural skills and ensemble work
- Learning acting techniques, not just stand and sing
- Drama games
- Basic body movement
- Sense of musicianship
- Essential vocal techniques and warm ups
- Ear training
- Basic theory and timing
- Performance practice - how you present yourself on stage, bowing, dealing with accompanists etc. The more you learn the more you're respected among musicians
- Perform a wide range of repertoire
- Work towards performances and shows
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL EXPERIENCE
- Watch your child develop their personal growth in both life and music
- Classes will have structured activities that emphasis on the fun of group music learning
- Your child will learn how the voice works in connection with their body and an ensemble
- They'll have increased confidence in their musical abilities and performance experience
- End of term performances will be organised to give the kids something to work towards
- With consistent practice, usually after one term students will feel a difference in their voice and level of confidence, along with improvement in pitch and timing.
Contact us to find out more about how to enrol today!