Event Date: Every School Holiday Break
School Holiday Music Camp 5 – 12yrs
For kids aged 5 – 12yrs old. Our music camps often SELL OUT so be sure to get in early and secure your place at our next School Holiday Music Camp. With more new workshops, experiences and music to learn, it’s no wonder the students keep coming back. The kids will have the opportunity to write their own song and perform it. There’s no experience needed with learning an instrument as we always find something for the kids to play, but if you already play or learn an instrument, then you’re most welcome to play it.
Space is limited to keep numbers to a minimum and ensure maximum FUN for each individual student.
The program will take place over two (2) days and parents / family members will be invited to a short mini showcase on day two (2). Our teachers have WWC clearance, are experienced and ready to enrich your child’s life with some musical magic. FREE before and after care is provided from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
DETAILS OF OUR 2024 MUSIC CAMPS
Choose from two (2) locations
MARRICKVILLE & STANMORE
2 Day Music Camp for 5-7yrs & 8-12yrs
TERM 1 SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
5-7yrs Marrickville: 16 & 17 April, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
8-12yrs Marrickville: 18 & 19 April, 9:00am – 3:00pm$220 BOOK NOW
5-7yrs Stanmore: 23 & 24 April, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
TERM 2 SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
5-7yrs Marrickville: 9 & 10 July, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
8-12yrs Marrickville: 11 & 12 July, 9:00am – 3:00pm$220 BOOK NOW
5-7yrs Stanmore: 16 & 17 July, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
TERM 3 SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
5-7yrs Marrickville: 1 & 2 October, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
8-12yrs Marrickville: 3 & 4 October, 9:00am – 3:00pm$220 BOOK NOW
5-7yrs Stanmore: 9 & 10 October, 9:00am – 3:00pm $220 BOOK NOW
All programs run daily from 9:00am – 3:00pm with a short mini performance on Day 2. All parents and family welcome to attend.
PLUS… we offer FREE Before and After Care (from 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Our school holiday music camp will see your child become a superstar artist. They’ll transform themselves into being ‘pros’ by attending our workshops and instrumental discovery sessions. They’ll work with fellow co-songwriters to produce, write and perform their very own original song and develop new friendships and experiences that is unlike any other program.
No experience necessary, just a good attitude and a willingness to have lots of musical fun.
Along the way there’s instrumental bingo, ping pong soccer, trivia, name that instrument, special guest workshops, masterclasses and many other amazing musical activities and games that’s as fun as it is educational!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- You’ll get to play and learn about a variety of musical instruments
- You’ll write and perform your own songs in which you’ll write the words and music (don’t worry, our expert teachers will be helping with this task)
- You’ll experience music workshops and lessons (varies each time) e.g percussion workshop, group guitar, drum lessons etc
- You’ll join in all sorts of fun musical games and activities
- You’ll do some singing (it’s ok if you’ve never tried before)
- You’ll be introduced to music technology and discover how music is recorded and produced
- You’ll be a roadie for a day and learn about how to set up mics and PA equipment
- You’ll have LOTS OF FUN while making new friends and enhancing your musical skills and knowledge!If you play a musical instrument, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your instruments and jam with other kids of similar levels (this component is optional).
SAFETY AND SUPERVISION
The teachers involved are all professional music instructors who have completed a ‘Working with Children Check’. Program participant numbers are capped to ensure your child’s safety and to ensure your child gets the most out of their school holiday activities. If a child is disruptive, refuses to heed instructions, they may be removed from the program and all fees will be forfeited. However, teachers will initially discuss this with the parent beforehand.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT EACH DAY
MORNINGS: Musical Theory Games and activities (these are quite interactive and completely different to everyday theory, plus you’ll continually be learning without even noticing it)
MORNING TEA BREAK: 15 minute toilet/drink break
MID MORNING: Varied activities, workshops, instrumental discovery or special guests
LUNCH: 45 minute lunch break – we’ll generally go across the road to Enmore Park to burn off some energy and get some fresh air
AFTERNOONS: Playing instruments, singing, rehearsing, ensemble and group music work, some days a group workshop might happen (e.g percussion workshop)
School Holiday Terms & FAQ:
- In the event of a complete lockdown, all events relating to our School Holiday Program will be postponed to the next school holiday period.
- Proof is required (positive COVID test, medical certificate) if you cannot attend due to self isolation or positive COVID case. A credit will be provided to be used with a future Music Camp or any All Age Music product.
- No refunds will be provided. All Age Music can provide credits for circumstances indicated above.
- STAY HOME if you’re sick or unwell. Parents must accept the responsibility of picking up your child immediately if they are seen to be sick or unwell
- Kids will need to bring their own lunches over the duration of the program, and we’ll be providing some light refreshments and water/juice for afternoon tea.
- If your child has an allergy or special condition, please let us know at time of enrolment.
- Full payment is required before the program week. No partial refunds will be given if you can not attend one of the day due to emergency or illness.
- If you can’t attend this particular program, don’t be disappointed. We’ll be running ‘Get Your Music On’ during every school holiday with slight variations to some of the workshops that will be run. We’ll also list the special workshops that you can join for part of the day if you can’t attend the entire school holiday program.
* Please note minimum numbers are required for this program to run. If not enough numbers are met, full refunds will be given.
WE ACCEPT CREATIVE KIDS VOUCHERS!
Don’t forget Creative Kids vouchers can be used for our school holiday music program. Be sure to apply the discount and quote your voucher number when registering